Not Your Everyday News

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

Well, as you all know, this year Orthodox Easter fell on the same day
as Catholic/Protestant Easter, so a doubly important day in our
household! Hope everyone had a joyous holiday despite the unusually
cold temperatures. Easter, as you all know, is the celebration of the
resurrection of Jesus Christ; in Orthodox countries, Easter is actually
a more important holiday than Christmas. Unlike Christmas, it has a
movable date; the Orthodox church follows the Gregorian calendar
to set the date, while the Catholics still follow the Julian calendar
for dating the holiday. And as I mentioned in a previous post, once
in a while (every 4-5 years), they fall together, dashing my plans of
buying discount Easter candy! But enough said, I think I drank a tad
too much wine with the celebratory food I prepared today (also due
to celebrating an extra day off!), so I will wrap this up with some
Easter images - enjoy the chocolate bunnies and eggs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home