Not Your Everyday News

Friday, August 03, 2007

Bottled water

I knew it....i knew it. I drink bottled water daily, usually
about 2 small or one large bottle. A few years ago, I
meticulously bought a bottle of each and every brand on
the market, to find the best tasting ones. I endured a
mild amount of ridicule from folks telling me that it's just
water, it's all the same, what difference does it make. Well,
I could taste a difference. Some had a more metallic taste,
even a bit of an aftertaste in some cases. So it came as no
surprise to me to learn this week that Aquafina (from Pepsi),
and Dasani (a Coke product) bottled waters were not from
fresh springs, but simply treated tap water. I had tried both
during my taste test period, and they were equally bad, very
metallic. And now we all know why. Another brand that
admitted to being tap water was one I somehow missed,
Nestle Pure Life. Yeah....real pure! Oh, and the brands that
did do well in my personal taste test are as follows:

1) Evian
2) Spring (by Dannon)
3) Crystal Springs
4) Deer Park

As Evian is a tad on the expensive side, I usually buy
Spring or Crystal (whichever is on sale!). My wild card
choice if none of those are available is Deer Park. Call
me picky, but in this case, I was right!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Just a Random Girl said...

don't drink zephyrhills, it's bottled from "natural florida spring water"....

10:58 PM, August 05, 2007  
Blogger lilredpro5 said...

eewww, florida "spring" water,
from a gator infested swamp
I'm sure!

9:28 PM, August 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home