Not Your Everyday News

Monday, July 02, 2007

Some odd food notes

Unusual food notes that I ran across over the weekend. According
to Reuters, McDonald's Corporation in Britain has announced that
starting this week, they will convert part of their 155 vehicle
British delivery fleet to run on biodiesel fuel made from their own
recycled cooking oil. It will start with 45 vehicles, with the rest
being switched over the next 12 months. The fuel will be 85%
cooking oil collected from the approximately 900 Mickey D's
around Britain, the remaining 15% will be pure rapeseed oil. My
question is, will the discharge smell like fries? On a more serious
note, Veggie Booty Snack Food has issued a recall of all their
snack foods due to possible salmonella poisoning. Veggie Booty?
Is this name for real? I was quite surprised to read the CNN
online article about "a popular snack food sold nationwide....in
supermarkets, health food stores, vending machines, and online
in the U.S. and Canada." As most of you know, I shop alot, hit all
the grocery stores (depends on what I need and who has specials),
but I have never seen a snack food with such an offbeat name....I
would have remembered 'Veggie Booty'!!! I mean, up until this
article, I just assumed booty was a popular subject in many of the
rap music songs I hear on the cook's radio in the restaurant's
kitchen, and trust me, the lyrics (those that I can actually under-
stand that is) definitely do NOT refer to veggies!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Just a Random Girl said...

Veggie Booty. Pirates' Booty. And other snarkily named foods.

12:16 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger lilredpro5 said...

wow, impressive.....you are really up on the snark! Glad someone has heard of it!

1:12 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Just a Random Girl said...

http://www.robscape.com/store/home.php?xid=60e005c30ceac2a00fc28bc0eecb8837

5:26 PM, July 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home