Not Your Everyday News

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Grocery shopping is NOT boring!

Sometimes, even the most mundane of everyday events can turn
out to be rather amusing. Take my grocery shopping experience
today. My fave store (begins with a 'G' and means very large!)
had several items on special that my husband and I use regularly,
so I had to hit it. Eventually I made my way to the frozen food
section, and in front of me was a mother with her 3 small children,
2 in the shopping cart, the other walking alongside her. Well, the
lady stopped to check out certain items, so the little boy walking
near her decided to get a few items himself! He opened one of the
glass freezer doors, grabbed whatever items he could reach, and
then tossed them in the shopping cart...MY shopping cart! I simply
removed them and kept going, but so had he, on to the next glass
door, whereupon he repeated his previous action, grab and toss,
again in my cart! At this point his mother noticed what sonny boy
was doing, took the items out of my cart, and apologized to me
before trying to correct her son. He seemed rather unfazed,
because once she turned her back again, he went on to the next
glass door and resumed his "shopping", or should I say, OUR
shopping! All this took place in under 2 minutes, as I grabbed
the items I was actually looking for and finally moved on, but I
just found it kind of cute how the little dude was trying to shop!
Well, I finally checked out and headed to the car with my cart,
and I came across an older gentleman, sitting in the car parked
next to me, undoubtedly waiting for his wife. He had to be in his
60's at least. What caught my attention was how he had his
stereo turned up FULL throttle, blasting some classic Elton John
tunes from the 70's! It was amusing to say the least. Just goes to
show, you are never too young to shop, and never too old to
pump up the volume!

2 Comments:

Blogger Just a Random Girl said...

you're starting to like children, eh?

6:07 PM, June 23, 2007  
Blogger lilredpro5 said...

um, no, not exactly, I was admiring his shopping skills actually!

12:26 PM, June 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home