Not Your Everyday News

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Not Your Everyday...Beer

Hhhmmm, so this is how Santa keeps his
fine physique! I got this from a joke Lisa
sent me today: A guy walks into a bar
and asks "Bartender, got any specials
today?" The Bartender replies "Yes, as
a matter of fact, we have a new drink,
invented by a gynecologist patron of ours.
It's a mix of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and Smirnoff Vodka." The
guy then asks "Good grief, what do you call that?" to which the
Bartender replied "It's a Pabst-Smir!" I know - GROAN!
But it actually sounds better than a new beer that has hit
the scene in Japan. Called BILK, it was introduced in Japanese
liquor stores earlier this month; it combines a low-malt beer
with milk. Approximately 30% of the brew is milk and
apparently looks and tastes like beer but has a "slight milky
scent". It supposedly has a fruity flavor that the brewers hope
will be popular among women. Bilk is presumed to have a lower
alcohol content and be higher in calcium. The idea was conceived
last year after a large supply of surplus milk was thrown out; milk
consumption in Japan has gone down markedly over the last few
years. So I suppose some folks figured that Japanese citizens had to
get their calcium somehow . However, I seriously doubt that
Anheuser-Busch and the other major brewers are getting nervous
about possible competition in the future. I mean, EEWWW! (heck,
the Dutch beer for dogs that I reported on last month sounds more
appealing!) I love milk, but I find beer bitter, with an aftertaste,
plus it gives my bladder the yips. I cannot imagine destroying the
taste of delicious cold milk! Bring on the Life, Golden Grahams,
Frosted Mini Wheats, and Oatmeal Almond Crisp cereals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home