Not Your Everyday News

Thursday, September 21, 2006

odds and ends

Hey y'all! Not much going on today, but am working night shift the rest
of the week, with a couple of concerts in town over the weekend, so that
should translate to hectic and/or unusual times. Got some more of that
darn yard work out of the way today. My mentor/glutton for punishment
Mr. Thompson had come over the other day to tackle more of our mess,
trying to get as much done as possible before the good weather ends I
guess. I really can't say thank you enough, actually he has done too much,
just hope it isn't all in vain! **am laughing right now, am watching a old
Maury Povich episode that my husband recorded for me, it is one of those
lie detector/paternity test episodes - way too hilarious!**ok, so Lola is
alive and well in Alaska, she has found a job, starting next week. Her dog
is well too, and I think by now she may have a cat too, or is about to get
one. Hopefully something that can cuddle up to greyhound boy and
keep him warm soon! Lola is furnishing her apartment $5 at a time -
a unused blender, still in it's box, 5 bux, a wooden coffee table that just
needed a little paint job, 5 bux....she was going to look at a sofa too, I
would think that might be a little more expensive, maybe 25 bux?! Hey,
whatever works. And in checking out the news, at cnn.com naturally, I
see that they may have narrowed down where all the infected spinach
came from....surprise surprise....California of course! Yet another
negative headline from the left coast. In other news, Muslims are still
upset about the Pope over what he said about them last week, and yes,
Walmart is going to soon offer cheap generic drugs! I know that some
of you may think this a boon to the trailer park and boondock popula-
tions, but in the long run it could benefit everyone, in that it may force
the chain pharmacies to lower their prices too. Medicine is way more
expensive here in the U.S. than in any other country. When I lived
overseas, I found medicines for about 1/4 of the price on average. In
some cases the name is different, but if you research well, you can find
the equivalent, as it is the same companies making them over there as
here. Speaking of trailer parks, drove by one the other day where in front
of one trailer there was a deluxe edition of the latest SUV, and a satellite
dish almost as big as that SUV! It defies logic! But then so does Lola
going to Alaska, or the lovely Kathy continously taking forced vacations,
Roxanne thinking the next thug may be Mr.Right, or me doing yard
work...illogical completely! Calling Mr. Spock!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be making fun of Alaska. I'll have to send some thugs to your establishment and have them rough you up. I understand that you have your own type of lackies, but trust me honey when I say "The War of Northern Agression was nothing compared to what a bunch of gun wielding, chainsaw totin' Alaskans can do." I suppose I first need to meet some of those before I can have them bust up your place, eh? ;)

5:51 PM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger lilredpro5 said...

yeah yeah yeah, I hear ya' Lola!
no more sopranos for you...but never did see them use chainsaws though! hhmmm ;)

9:28 PM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home