Not Your Everyday News

Monday, September 18, 2006

good news/bad news

totally mixed emotions today. I had been on cloud 9 since last night when
the Dallas Cowboys whipped up on the Washington Deadskins 27-10!
No matter how bad or inconsistent Dallas has been over the years, it is
still a good season when they beat the 'Skins. I can remember one year, I
think the '89 season, when Dallas was just terrible, and won only 1 game.
But that 1 game was against Washington, so the season was not a total
disaster! Of course, it will be icing on the cake if they beat them in the
2nd game too (being in the same division, they always play twice), but at
least this win has made this season successful so far. So that was my good
news. Bad news is completely on a personal level. My husband, as I men-
tioned yesterday, had a doctors appointment today. Well, after the doctor
was done, he informed us that as of Oct. 20, he will close his private
practice and go to work for a satellite office of one of the local hospitals
in a neighboring county. We can't understand the motivation for this
move, and I am very upset. Basically, I have seen this doctor about 1/2 of
my life, right after the pediatric doctors refused to see me more after a
certain age. I still remember the first day I met him, he looked like he
was about 12 with his baby face! He was the kind of doctor who took the
time to explain things to you in detail and to answer all your questions,
even the dumb ones, and just took his time and made you feel at ease.
I am numb, in shock. He recommended another doctor to us, but I am
not sure, want to wait and see, maybe I will just make the drive to still
see him, I don't know. My husband doesn't quite understand my distress,
as he has only been seeing him for about 4 years. I will miss his nurse
too, she has been there at least since I have been going to him, and most
definately longer than that. She looked rather distraught beneath the
smile she was forcing. I guess you don't realize how much of a personal
relationship you form with your doctor until you move or lose one. Heck,
even when I was living overseas, I still called him for advice, or for him
to call in some kind of prescription for a relative to bring to me when they
visited. Well, this definately put a damper on my day, but I guess it will
be better tomorrow, after all, as Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home