Not Your Everyday News

Friday, September 15, 2006

Follow up

I have decided that today I want to follow up on some of the staff and
their goings on, drama, and what have you, folks I introduced to you
soon after I began writing this blog in July but haven't gotten back to.
Tiffany, a day shift waitress (and ex-exotic dancer), had taken that
nurse's aid class. Now, I think starting October, she will be taking a
phlebotomy course - I call it the vampire course, sucking out people's
blood - so we will see how that goes. She is still with her crazy redneck
boyfriend, I don't think she is completely happy, but I think has simply
settled into a routine and is used to him. I do hope I am mistaken and
just reading that whole situation wrong, but I doubt it. Roxanne kind
of, sort of, maybe has gotten rid of her latest tormenting boyfriend,
but can't seem to find Mr. Right - but it doesn't help that she is looking
in the wrong places. Beth's wrist surgery went well, she hostessed
while doing rehab, now is waiting tables again, but as usual, her
boyfriend is drifting from job to job, all very short-term. Shaniqua
continues to please and amuse her customers, definately one of the
most popular waitresses we have - it is definately interesting when
she calls folks in their 80's "baby" and they don't even flinch! One
couple even came in with their newborn; Shaniqua held the baby,
and while the parents were eating, offered to burp it! Fortunately for
all I think, they passed! And last but certainly not least, the dapper
and suave Philip is still entertaining guests who walk in and out of
the restaurant with his fantastic British accent and ever present
handlebar mustashe; he has definately become an attraction, now
if we could only figure out how old he is! True story - one day I
asked him when he came to the U.S., he said "after the war my
dear." I of course assumed WWII, as a young man. "Oh no my dear",
he answered, "the war with General Lee!" (for you non-history
folks, he was the major figure of the U.S. Civil War in 1861-65!) So
he definately has a sense of humor about it all, and I did find out
he came here in the early 80's, and goes back to visit every 2 years
or so. One of the last of a dying breed, a true gentleman, glad he is
with us! Come to visit him, or at least call and hear him answer the
phone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home