Not Your Everyday News

Friday, April 20, 2007

Final thoughts

After today I won't be writing about the Virginia Tech tragedy. All the
websites, television stations, magazines and newspapers are giving
above and beyond coverage, and I can only go into my level of shock
and sorrow only so much before becoming repetitive beyond belief; it
all changes nothing, the irreparable damage is done. My sympathies
go out to the families and loved ones of the victims, and even to the
family of the shooter; never in their wildest dreams could they have
imagined their son could, would do such a horrible act, yet they will
have to live with it for the rest of their lives. The Governor of Virginia
has declared today a day of mourning; vigils and ceremonies are being
held state-wide, bells are being tolled, candles being lit. The last 2 days,
at the restaurant, I have noticed many customers wearing Virginia
Tech apparel or adorned with Hokie colors, maroon and orange. It is a
heartening sign of support and solidarity, especially in what is, or was
before Monday, a very anti-Virginia Tech town. In these days, we all
became Hokies, and while that may fade over time, I don't think it will
ever completely disappear.

1 Comments:

Blogger sulingfei said...

Hello~~
welcome to my blog
http://sulinfy.blopspot.com

11:23 AM, April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home