Not Your Everyday News

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

in recovery...

...no, not from drugs or alcohol, but from a week of doing the opening
shift at the restaurant! Yes, a full week of waking up at 5:00am to get
the madhouse open at 6:00am. Those who know me well know that I
am NOT a morning person, never have been, never will be. And to top
it all off, it was Parents Weekend at the local university, so we were
even busier than usual. But fortunately, things went smoothly, as is
the case when you have good, reliable help, as dayshift does, unlike
my lackey minions on nightshift! The good thing about this opening
shift nonsense was being able to see some customers that I would
not normally get a chance to see and chat with. But I know from now
that my night shift regulars will be giving me an earful in the next
several days about my absence....my adoring fans and groupies!
Before I sign off, a quick update on my best girl, Lady, that out of
this world puppy! She is fast approaching 6 months, is right around
50 pounds, and is simply growing into a gorgeous, elegant canine.
Lady is still WAY too rambunctious and just gets excited about
EVERYTHING, but she is smart and loving, maybe the best dog ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home