Not Your Everyday News

Saturday, November 10, 2007

This is progress???

I came across a website that I had not visited in a while,
Switched.com. This site basically talks about new gadgets
and inventions that are a tad offbeat. Well, there are a
couple of innovations that caught my eye while browsing
this morning. First off, the Pet Washing Machine. Naturally,
this caught my eye since I have had a pet since June, and
let me tell you, washing Lady is an adventure. However, I
don't think my best girl will be anywhere near such a
contraption....ever. It looks like a cross between a front
loader washing machine and a large microwave oven.
You place your pet inside, pick the options/services you
want, put the money in the automatic pay systems, and
off you, well, off your pet goes. Does this sound at all like
those automatic car washes.....but instead of wax, maybe
you pick an anti-flea and tick spray? Anyway, I can only
imagine how traumatized most animals would be in such
a machine, especially the skittish ones. Lady, who is simply
the most happy go lucky dog ever, would be extremely
peeved and annoyed. Thumbs down on this 'invention'.
Next I came across an appliance that is just totally
American, one that may grace police station kitchens
across the land. It is called the Dough-Nu-Matic, and it
can whip out a dozen donuts in less than 6 minutes. It
forms, fries, and dispenses mini-donuts automatically.
Yep, American ingenuity at its best!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home