Not Your Everyday News

Monday, July 21, 2008

We shall return...and return

Well, got back to the restaurant a few days ago after taking
a little bit of time off, and needless to say, the drama did
NOT decrease while I was away! One of the waitresses
who had given notice and left is actually coming back this
week, much to the chagrin of the rest of the staff, who were
enjoying an absence that basically was a 2 week vacation!
I had actually told this woman that I knew she would be
back; I predicted within 3-4 months, so this return after 2
weeks did surprise me. Another waitress has actually left
after seemingly giving notice for the last 2 YEARS...I think
I should set up a pool, allowing everyone to predict when
she will be back! There seems to be a common thread
within the restaurant. So many members of the staff, past
and present, have one time or another left, sometimes
more than once, only to return a month, 6 months, a year
later. It is almost a joke....oh, so and so will be back,
everybody comes back eventually! Some are welcomed back
with open arms, others are taken back only because of need,
and then there are those that the only thing that can be
said is HECK NO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home