Not Your Everyday News

Saturday, October 14, 2006

fall and football

This is almost the best time of year (the actual best is when we emerge
from the winter and hit the nice warm temps of spring). Fall has fully
arrived, which translates to tree leaves beginning to turn, nice crisp
temps during the day - not too cold, not too hot, Halloween right
around the corner (and some Reece's Peanut Butter cups calling my
name!), and lots and lots of football! College football on Saturdays,
the pros on Sunday. And we can't forget high school football on
Friday nights. There is a family that comes into the restaurant on
Friday nights, after their son's football game. He is a junior on one
of the local high school teams, starting at quarterback. When I see
them come in, I can usually tell from the facial expressions if they
won or lost; they then proceed to tell me all about the game, how it
was won or lost, and how junior played. It's kind of fun, and they
are a nice family. They began coming in last year, and even when
it wasn't football season they made a point of coming in every once
in a while to visit me (and for the mother to have her favorite, my
delicious amaretto cappucinos!). The only drawback to this time of
year is at night, when the temps drop down frostily low, reminding
us that winter is indeed right around the corner (well, winter isn't
all bad, as that is when hubby makes sure to build nice fires in our
fireplace!). Oh well, such is life - just hoping the Dallas Cowboys do
well tomorrow and get a 'W', actually hoping the same for our local
university's football team today, but not holding my breath!

1 Comments:

Blogger Just a Random Girl said...

got our first frost in Alaska. Means we're going to be having snow soon. The more I think about it, the more I consider moving to New Orleans and gettin' me some voodoo instead of some moose-loo.

3:48 PM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home