Not Your Everyday News

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

doom or gloom?

Remember that ridiculous countrified show from the '70's,
'Hee Haw', with Minnie Pearl and her hat with the price tag
still attached? (yes, TV viewing during my elementary school
years was rather suspect!) Anyway, at various points during
the show, these hicks would break into some song that I can't
quite remember all the words to. Was it 'gloom, despair, and
agony on me'
, or 'doom, despair, and agony on me'? Doom or
gloom, gloom or doom? At this point, either is appropriate for
how I am feeling right now. I FINALLY got to watch the Dallas
Cowboys on TV (they are usually either not shown locally or I
am at work if they are), and OF COURSE they went out, played
pitifully, and lost miserably IN Texas Stadium. They fell behind,
seemed to get back into the game, then a series of interceptions
sent them into the abyss. Disappointing. oh well, there is always
next week, but the schedule doesn't get any easier, so they need to
get on track soon in order to salvage the season. So back to 'Hee
Haw'
, a classic example of cheezy '70's TV; I also remember 'The
Sonny and Cher Show'
(Cher is still around, and thanks to multiple
plastic surgeries, looks practically the same!), 'Charlies Angels'
(boobs and hair everywhere!), and 2 of my faves, 'The 6 Million
Dollar
Man' and 'The Bionic Woman'! I also enjoyed 'The Carol
Burnett
Show' on occasion. Other classics included 'All in the
Family',
'Good Times', 'The Waltons', 'Wonder Woman'', 'Maude',
'Cannon', 'Mannix'
, 'The Jeffersons', and 'Welcome Back Kotter'.
gee, not hard to see why I started playing and/or watching sports
all the time! (when I wasn't doing my homework of course!)

technorati tags:, , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home