Not Your Everyday News

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Redneck humor

I am sure that most folks are familiar with Jeff Foxworthy, whose
claim to fame are his 'you might be a redneck if...' jokes. Growing
up in Virginia has exposed me to the redneck element; managing
a restaurant has assured me of being up close and personal to it!
Working with Beth today really highlighted the features of this
culture. She discussed the latest summons she received for a court
appearance; you definitely need both hands, and maybe a foot, to
count all the summons and warrants that have been delivered to
the restaurant for her. Then, as I wrote yesterday, Beth is about to
have surgery on her wrist and subsequently be out of work for
several months, yet she was talking about getting a new tattoo. She
does realize she can't afford it, but as she put it, she saw a really
'cool, pretty design' and just has to have it. But she did go on to say
that she may just fix up an older tattoo she has that wasn't quite
'done right'! Oh, and once she stops working, her boyfriend will sell
one of the trucks in order to get some extra money. Now I have
seen their vehicles - I call them 'Redneckmobiles' - pickup trucks
that are jacked up and adorned with confederate flags - just classic!
So I spent part of the day just shaking my head at Beth. Then I got
home, checked my e-mail, and saw that on my homepage there was
an article about redneck humor, replete with hilarious photos! So
I have decided to share the link with y'all, some of these photos are
just too good to pass up; even Jeff Foxworthy would be proud!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's no link, yo.

2:44 AM, December 28, 2006  
Blogger lilredpro5 said...

yeah there is, click on the actual title, it takes you right to the page, just tested it again...enjoy!

5:48 PM, December 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home