Not Your Everyday News

Friday, May 25, 2007

Everybody loves...Phillip!

Well, after 2 opening shifts, back to my preferred nights. I'll tell ya',
I just can't understand how folks get up early like that on a regular
basis. There is this man who always gets to the restaurant before I
even have a chance to unlock the doors. (rolling my eyes as I type
here!) At least I got to work with a couple of my fave waitstaff gals -
Keisha, who is attempting to diet, but was sidetracked yesterday
by a stack of pancakes, and ole reliable Brandy, who has been hitting
the tanning beds lately, and it shows. Both chock full of attitude and
sarcasm, but all in good fun. And nice to see some customers that
usually I wouldn't get to see at night. Best of all, I got to see
handlebar mustashed Phillip, overflowing with all his British charm
and commentary! (for instance, he calls the waitstaff gals who have
tattoos "the heavily decorated young ladies"!) We were talking about
various dog breeds the other day; Phillip's favorite breed is the very
large Great Dane. He used to have a couple when he lived in the
country and there was room to roam, but condo-living in the city
eliminated that possibility, as it seems the Great Danes he had were
only slightly smaller than his beloved horses! Ah, never a dull con-
versation with our resident Brit...even Lola made a special trip to
the restaurant earlier this week just to see Phillip...and his ascot!

2 Comments:

Blogger Just a Random Girl said...

although, let me tell you, there was not an ascot to be seen for MILES....

disappointment. *sniffle*

2:22 PM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger lilredpro5 said...

drat, they must have all been
in the wash....curses!

12:46 PM, May 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home