Not Your Everyday News

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cirque de Soleil

ok, here is the promised review. It was a very good show, at the
very least something very different. I would say more of a concert
with extraneous happenings all around rather than a circus per
say. Some of the singers were outstanding, particularly one lady
from Canada named Nitza...I am guessing Greek-Canadian from
her looks and music/dance style. I enjoyed most of the music as
it had a percussion dominance, and I like drums. My husband was
rather impressed by the lights, light shows, and the almost
continuous mini-movies going on all around at the same time
(leave it to him to be impressed by all the high-tech stuff, my
adorable little techie-bear!) And we both loved this chick with
the sparkly hula hoops....she starts off with one rather mundanely,
then throws on a second, by the end of her routine, she was a blur
with 6 madly spinning hoops, all while dancing on 1 leg smiling
like a cheshire cat! I would like to see a beauty pagent contestant
do that before she promises to cure cancer and bring about world
peace! As for the new arena, well, it has all the bells and whistles,
nicely done, but two complaints, the seats too small and/or too
close together (I mean, my husband and I aren't fat, but we aren't
runway models either!) and secondly, going up is very steep, I do
not have a problem with heights, but at first had a queasy
sensation til I got used to it....they could've had the incline a bit
less extreme, but I guess that would have sacrificed seating. So
my ratings for both...Cirque de Soleil - an 8 out of 10, the new
arena - a 7. Surprising was also the relative ease getting in and
out of the parking area, yes we waited, but nowhere near to what
we expected. Hey, I should be one of those critics for the
newspapers or morning news shows...oh wait, not mornings...
please....uh, never mind!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You a freak.

11:22 PM, August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome blog..one of your patrons turned me on to it...think "beautiful morning mountains peaking out of the sky." anyhoo your dining establishment has a lot of history...I am not a regular but plan to stop in soon. Der City is "the overpriced bistro capitol" of the region...but your place rocks!!

9:23 AM, August 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha I know who you are ...

10:11 AM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home