Not Your Everyday News

Monday, September 04, 2006

way too kind

Let me just begin by saying that gardening, or any lawn maintenance, is
darn hard work! I do NOT understand why people have that as a hobby,
but obviously some folks think numismatics (coin collecting that is) is
beyond boring, so thats OK, to each his own. But let me extend a HUGE
THANK YOU to the Thompsons, who came over to our house today to
view and advise on our lawn situation. Their opinion - well, we are on
the border of pitiful, and there is a ton of work to be done. OK, I was
expecting that, but DID NOT expect them to begin using the tools that
they are letting us borrow. I figured that Mr. Thompson, gardening
guru, would just tell us what needed to be done and how, but no, he
decided to show us. Three bagfuls of debris later, and promises of more
to come. But I guess the biggest disappointment is that he suggested
that our maple tree be removed, as it is too close to the house and
blocking out all the sun, and the situation will only get worse and can be
potentially harmful to the home itself. I am not sure what we will do, as
the tree is just gorgeous, nicely shaped, very full and magnificent. I
really don't want to cut it down, probably will put it off for a year, but I
know he is right unfortunately. Oh well, at least we had a nice afternoon
and evening, enjoying a late lunch (pasta with fresh mozzarella di bufala,
fresh basil, and tomatoes with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and just
a dash of garlic...yum!), and lots of great conversation. Was kind of tired
as I had a busy but entertaining evening at the restaurant last night.
Will have to introduce y'all to Francesca's sister, as well as my Goth
buddies, in my next edition. (and no, I am not Goth, far from it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home