Not Your Everyday News

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Food Recall and Farmer's Market

UGH....yet another food recall. The culprit this time is ground beef.
United Food Group has recalled 75,000 pounds of ground beef due
to possible E. coli contamination. All the beef appears to be located
in Albertson's stores in Colorado. Backyard grillers in the Rocky
Mountain state beware! I am not a tree hugger, or green, or some
environmentalist, but these food scares in the last year or two
have gotten out of hand. I am not saying I am going organic or
natural, but I have noticed myself being more careful with my
picks at the grocery store lately. I have even decided to hit this
new local farmer's market that is going to run every Wednesday
during the summer, might be interesting. There is a big farmer's
market downtown every Saturday during the summer months,
but it only runs in the mornings, so no chance of me getting to
that one! But this new Wednesday one will run late afternoon,
early evening - perfect!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bought a meat grinder attachment for the kitchen aid mixer and we grind all of our meat.
wife buys roasts on sale or buy one get one free. trim of all the fat and grind.
the only way to go.
Do not trust pre-packaged ground beef from any store and the USDA less.
these recalls do not surprise me.

9:59 PM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger lilredpro5 said...

Thanks for weighing in, kind of sad that these recalls are becoming all to common.

11:32 AM, June 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home